In class you will be asked to present your views of the marathon case. Obviously, one question you want to answer is whether they
should run, and why or why not? In addition, here are some questions that might
help you to think about the case.
- What is the rational thing to do?
- Are the team members thinking about the decision rationally?
- What patterns in their decision making can you discern? For example, are
they using any heuristics? What would Gilovich say about their decision
- How are social relationships affecting their decision process?
- How do differences in power and role/job affect the different persons'
- Whose advice/opinion is most credible and why?
- Besides the short term decision of whether to run tomorrow or not, what
other longer-term issues do they need to deal with?
For this case, you will be working with new teams. Your team is posted here.